John Simunek
B: 1931-02-18
D: 2024-06-10
View Details
Simunek, John
Lillian McGee
B: 1930-08-21
D: 2024-06-10
View Details
McGee, Lillian
Orval Nichols
B: 1924-09-07
D: 2024-06-09
View Details
Nichols, Orval
Janet Coats
B: 1950-10-03
D: 2024-06-02
View Details
Coats, Janet
Heather Patton
B: 1990-03-14
D: 2024-06-02
View Details
Patton, Heather
Jo Palovik
B: 1933-02-22
D: 2024-05-29
View Details
Palovik, Jo
Weldene Weber
B: 1930-03-18
D: 2024-05-27
View Details
Weber, Weldene
Alissa Harding
B: 2004-08-25
D: 2024-05-26
View Details
Harding, Alissa
Barbara Stonehocker
B: 1955-01-13
D: 2024-05-22
View Details
Stonehocker, Barbara
Jack Clover
B: 1955-12-21
D: 2024-05-18
View Details
Clover, Jack
Marilyn Bass
B: 1937-08-13
D: 2024-05-18
View Details
Bass, Marilyn
Dellas Fluman
B: 1938-09-21
D: 2024-05-17
View Details
Fluman, Dellas
Helen Sherman
B: 1934-03-26
D: 2024-05-15
View Details
Sherman, Helen
Daniel Clark
B: 1973-04-02
D: 2024-05-12
View Details
Clark, Daniel
Charles Lavicky
B: 1935-05-21
D: 2024-05-12
View Details
Lavicky, Charles
Nelda Mongold
B: 1933-03-31
D: 2024-05-11
View Details
Mongold, Nelda
Paul Leisher
B: 1980-09-29
D: 2024-05-02
View Details
Leisher, Paul
Marjorie Chandler
B: 1925-11-08
D: 2024-04-30
View Details
Chandler, Marjorie
Charlene Wilson
B: 1947-10-30
D: 2024-04-30
View Details
Wilson, Charlene
Alice Becker
B: 1933-01-19
D: 2024-04-29
View Details
Becker, Alice
Paul Jeffery
B: 1948-11-09
D: 2024-04-27
View Details
Jeffery, Paul


Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.

Click here to view all obituaries
Search Obituaries
2800 N Van Buren
Enid, OK 73703
Phone: (580) 233-1400
Fax: (580) 233-1408

Military Services

Here at LADUSAU-EVANS FUNERAL HOME we feel it is an honor to be able to serve our country's greatest heroes, military veterans.

A primary goal is to ensure that you are prepared for any situation that might confront you or your loved ones as potential beneficiaries of VA assistance. One of the most important requirements is having all your family information together. When you apply for government benefits or services, you are usually asked to provide such documents as birth and death
certificates, marriage licenses, insurance policies and record of military service. You should take time today to gather such documents and place them in a safe place. Be sure that your family knows where these are kept. For complete information on veterans benefits, call your local VA office, or  1-800-827-1000 or go online at

Who is Eligible for Veterans Administration Benefits?

Veterans whose military service was completed under conditions other than dishonorable can qualify. Honorable and general discharges qualify the veteran for benefits. Holders of undesirable or bad conduct discharges may qualify, depending upon determination by the VA based on the facts of each case. Dependents and survivors of veterans may also be eligible for certain VA benefits.

Compensation for Disability

The VA pays compensation if you are disabled by injury or disease incurred or aggravated by active service in line of duty.  Payments are based on the degree of disability.

The VA pays additional money for your dependents if your service-connected disabilities are evaluated by us as 30 percent
or more disabling. In addition, if you are 30 percent or more disabled and your spouse is in need of regular aid and attendance, an increased dependency allowance is payable to your spouse.

Special monthly compensation rates may be authorized for veterans whose service-connected disabilities are very severe and meet certain statutory requirements. These special rates apply, for example, for blinded veterans and those who have lost limbs or the use of limbs.

Nonservice-Connected Pension

If you are a veteran having served at least 90 or more days on active duty in the armed forces with one day beginning or ending during a period of war, and you are age 65 or older, a patient in a nursing home, are receiving Social Security disability payments, or have become permanently and totally disabled and are unable to maintain substantially gainful employment, you may have eligibility for the VAS nonservice-connected disability pension. The VA does not pay a pension if your estate and that of your spouse and dependent children is so large that it is reasonable that you use some of it for living expenses or if your income exceeds the applicable limit in the law. If you are receiving benefits under a pension program which was in effect prior to January 1, 1979, you may continue to receive a pension at the monthly rates in effect as of December 31, 1978, as long as you remain permanently and totally disabled and your income does not exceed the applicable limitation. You may elect to be covered by the current Improved Pension program if it is to your advantage.  However, election is final.

If you have no spouse or child and live in a VA domiciliary or nursing home, the VA reduces your monthly pension
payments after three full calendar months of care.

An additional allowance is payable to you if you are a patient in a nursing home or otherwise determined to be in need of
regular aid and attendance or if you are permanently housebound due to disability. If you are entitled to those benefits,
you may also be entitled to receive additional medical services prescribed by physicians for illnesses and injuries.

VA Medical Care

The VA provides hospital or outpatient care when needed for all service-connected medical or compensated dental
conditions. The VA will give treatment at one of the many VA medical centers or clinics, or, under certain circumstances,
the VA may pay for outpatient care by a hometown doctor or dentist. Generally, the VA cannot authorize payment for
services of hometown doctors or dentists not approved in advance.

Certain persons who were administratively discharged under other than dishonorable conditions may be furnished health
care for any disability incurred or aggravated during active duty service in line of duty.

Hospital care in VA facilities is provided to any veteran who is rated service connected; is retired from active duty for a
disability incurred or aggravated while in the military service, is in receipt of a VA pension; is eligible for Medicaid; is a
former POW; is in need of care for a condition possibly related to exposure to dioxin or other toxic substance (such as
Agent Orange) while in Vietnam August 5, 1964, through May 7, 1975; is in need of care for a condition possibly related
to exposure to ionizing radiation from participating in nuclear tests or in the American occupation of Hiroshima or Nagasaki,
Japan, between September 11, 1945 and July 1, 1946; or an income below the VA's National Income or Geographical-
Adjusted Thresholds.

Hospital care is not available to you if your entire period of service was active duty for training, unless you were disabled
from a disease or injury incurred or aggravated in line of duty. In this case, you are eligible for medical services on the
same basis as other veterans with service-incurred diseases or disabilities.

Outpatient medical services will be furnished, without limitation, to:

             a. Any veteran, for service-connected disabilities.

              b. A veteran with a combined service-connected disability rating of 50 percent or more for any medical disability.

              c. A veteran for the injury suffered as a result of VA hospitalization.

              d. Any veteran in a VA-approved vocational rehabilitation program.

              e. Any veteran, in the following group, on a pre or post-hospital care or ambulatory care basis to obviate the need for

                  hospitalization until the patient’s  condition is stabilized or the patient is admitted.

                             (1) Any veteran rated 30 percent or 40 percent service-connected

                                   (for treatment of their nonservice-connected conditions).

                             (2) Any veteran whose annual income does not exceed the maximum applicable rate of pension for a veteran in                      need of regular aid and attendance.

NOTE: The veteran’s income must be lower than that level which will qualify him or her for
the mandatory category of hospital care.

Outpatient medical services may be furnished, without limitation, to the extent resources
and facilities are available to:

              a. Any veteran who is a former prisoner of war/

              b. Any World War I or Mexican border period veteran.

              c. Any veteran receiving aid and attendance or housebound pension benefit.

              d. Any veteran in the following group, on a pre or post-hospital care or ambulatory care basis to obviate the need for

                 hospitalization (until the patient’s condition is stabilized or the patient is admitted).

                             (1) Any veteran exposed to a toxic substance in a herbicide or defoliant used for military purposes in Vietnam                         or to radiation as a consequence of participation in the test of a nuclear devise or of service with the                            occupation forces of Hiroshima or Nagaski, Japan, prior to July 1, 1946.

                             (2) Any veteran identified in the mandatory category for hospitalization purpose whose income is more than                                  the pension rate of a veteran in need of regular aid and attendance.

                             (3) Any veteran identified in the discretionary category for inpatient purposes.

As part of outpatient medical treatment, you may be eligible for home health services necessary or appropriate for the
effective and economical treatment of disabilities. These services include some home improvements and structural

Veterans are eligible for readjustment counseling and follow up mental health services including treatment for post-
traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) if they served on active duty in a combat theater during World War II, the Korean War,
the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, or the campaigns in Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan,
Iraq and the Global War on Terror. Veterans, who served in the active military during the Vietnam-era, but not in the
Republic of Vietnam, must have requested services at a Vet Center before Jan. 1, 2004. Vet Centers do not require
enrollment in the VHA Health Care System.

Veterans receiving VA care for any condition may receive VA prosthetic appliances, equipment and services, such as home
respiratory therapy, artificial limbs, orthopedic braces and therapeutic shoes, wheelchairs, powered mobility, crutches,
canes, walkers, special aids, appliances, optical and electronic devices for visual impairment and other durable medical
equipment and supplies. Veterans who are approved for a guide or service dog may also receive service dog benefits
including veterinary care and equipment.

Dental Care

You may apply for and be authorized to receive a one-time episode of dental treatment from the VA if you meet the
following criteria: have not been dishonorably discharged; served on active duty for a period of not less than 180 days
(90 days for Persian Gulf War veterans); and applied for dental care within 90 days after discharge. In addition, your military discharge certificate must not state that you were provided a complete dental examination (including dental X -rays) and all appropriate dental treatment indicated by the examination was provided within 90 days prior to discharge. You may apply for dental care at any time and be eligible to receive treatment if you:

* Have service-connected compensable dental disabilities;

* Have service-connected non-compensable dental disabilities adjudicated as resulting from combat wounds or service injuries;

 * Have service-connected non-compensable dental conditions and were a prisoner of war  for a period of less than 90 days;

* Were a prisoner of war for more than 90 days;

* Have nonservice-connected dental conditions which are determined by VA to be associated with or aggravating a service-connected medical problem; or

* Have service-connected disabilities rated at 100 percent.

If you are an eligible veteran who is pursuing a vocational rehabilitation course, dental treatment may be provided to avoid
interruption of the training program.

If you received dental treatment while hospitalized in a VA medical center, that treatment may continue on an outpatient
basis if it is professionally determined to be reasonably necessary.

Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment

The VA has a program for the treatment of veterans for alcoholism and other drug dependence. If you have such a problem,
we encourage you to contact the nearest VA medical center or outpatient clinic. Any VA office will assist you in arranging
for treatment.


(Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs)

Medical care is available to your spouse or child if you have a total permanent service-connected disability. Medical care
is also available to your surviving spouse or child in the event of your death if:

* You die of a service-connected disability, or

* At the time of your death you have a total and permanent service-connected disability, or
* You die on active duty, in line of duty.

The above applies only when the applicant does not have entitlement to similar care under CHAMPUS (Civilian Health
and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services), or Medicare.

CHAMP VA cost-shares only certain medical bills. The beneficiary pays the full bill for any care that is not covered by
CHAMP VA. For care that is covered, the beneficiary still pays for part of the bills. How much the beneficiary pays depends
on whether the provider's rates are compatible with the CHAMP VA determined allowable cost, and if they agree to accept
the CHAMP VA rate as their full fee for the care provided. For outpatient care, there is a yearly deductible of $50 for one
person or $100 for a family. The beneficiary pays the provider for the first $50 (or, for a family, $100) worth of medical -
bills in a fiscal year. The fiscal year runs from October 1 through September 30. Then, after the deductible is met, CHAMP
VA pays 75 percent of the allowable charge for each medical bill. CHAMP VA began a new system of paying, civilian
hospitals for inpatient care. Under the system called "diagnosis-related groups" (DRGs) most hospitals in 50 states, the
District of Columbia and Puerto Rico will be paid a fixed rate for inpatient services, regardless of how much the care
actually costs. The DRG amounts paid for inpatient services are based generally on national averages of costs for specific
services. The beneficiary pays 25 percent of inpatient care plus anything over the allowable charge.

Burial Allowances

What is a VA Burial Allowance?

A V A burial allowance is a partial reimbursement of an eligible veteran's burial and funeral costs. When the
cause of death is not service-related, the reimbursement is generally described as two payments: (1) a burial
and funeral expense allowance, and (2) a plot interment allowance.

Who Is Eligible?

You may be eligible for a VA burial allowance if:

You paid for a veteran's burial or funeral AND you have not been reimbursed by another government agency
or some other source, such as the deceased veteran's employer AND the veteran was discharged under
conditions other than dishonorable.

In addition, at least one of the following conditions must be met:

The veteran died because of a service-related disability OR the veteran was receiving VA pension or
compensation at the time of death OR the veteran was entitled to receive V A pension or compensation but
decided not to reduce his/her military retirement or disability pay OR the veteran died in a VA hospital or
while in a nursing home under VA contract.

How Much Does V A Pay?

Service-related death -- VA will pay up to $1,500 toward burial expenses prior to September 10, 2001.
For deaths on or after September 11, 2001, VA will pay $2,000.

If the veteran is buried in a VA national cemetery, some or all of the cost of moving the deceased may
be reimbursed.

Nonservice-related death .; VA will pay up to $300 toward burial and funeral expenses, and a $150 plot
interment allowance for deaths prior to December 1, 2001. For deaths on or after December 1, 2001, VA will
pay up to $300 toward burial and funeral expenses and $300 toward plot internment. If the death happened
while the veteran was in a VA hospital or under contracted nursing home care, some or all of the costs for
transporting the deceased IS remains may be reimbursed.

How Can I Apply?
You can apply by filling out VA Form 21-530, Application for Burial Allowance. You should attach proof of
the veteran's military service (DD 214), a death certificate, and copies of funeral and burial bills you have paid. ,.
Mail the completed form and documents to the nearest VA Regional office.

Burial Flag

The VA will issue an American flag to drape the casket of an eligible veteran who is discharged under
conditions other than dishonorable. The VA will also issue a flag for a veteran who is missing in action and is
later presumed dead. After the funeral service, the flag may be given to the next of kin or close friend or
associate of the deceased. Flags are issued at any VA office, VA national cemetery and most local post offices.

Interment in National Cemeteries

The VA operates the National Cemetery System. The interment of a deceased veteran of wartime or peacetime service and any person who died in the active military, air or naval service, whose service (other than for training) terminated other than dishonorably, will be authorized in any cemetery in which grave space is available. Deceased spouses, minor children, and certain adult dependent children of an eligible veteran are also eligible. Persons originally enlisting in military service after September 7, 1980, and all other people entering military service after October 16, 1981, who do not complete 24 months of continuous active duty, or the full period for which the person was called or ordered to active duty; are generally not eligible for burial in a national cemetery. There is no charge for a grave in a national cemetery. A headstone or marker
with an appropriate inscription to each decedent buried in a grave will be provided by the government. Application for burial can be made by the next of kin or their funeral director, only at the time of death of the veteran (or that of an eligible dependent) by contacting the director of the national cemetery where burial is desired.

Transportation of Deceased Veteran to a National Cemetery

The VA may pay the cost of transportation of a deceased veteran for burial in a national cemetery when: (1) the veteran dies of a service-connected disability; or (2) the veteran was in receipt of (but for the receipt of retired payor disability pension would have been entitled to) disability compensation. Payment shall not exceed the cost of transportation to the national cemetery nearest the veteran's last place of residence in which burial space is available.

Headstones or Markers

VA will furnish, upon request, at no charge to the applicant, a Government monument to mark the grave of an eligible veteran buried in a national, military post or base, state veterans', or private cemetery. Monuments are also provided for the eligible dependents of veterans who are buried in national, military post or base cemeteries or state veterans' cemeteries. Dependents buried in private cemeteries are not eligible for a monument.

Memorial monuments are provided for eligible, individual veterans whose remains are not recovered or identified, buried at sea, or are otherwise unavailable for interment. The monuments bear an "In Memory of' inscription as their first line.

The grave of a veteran must be unmarked in order for a monument to be furnished by the government expense. Monuments are not provided for placement within the United States for a veteran buried in a marked grave in an overseas location.

Who is Eligible?

* Veterans of wartime and peacetime service prior to September 7, 1980 who were discharged from active military   service under conditions other than dishonorable.

* Service after September 7, 1980, must be for a minimum of 24 months or have special circumstances.

* Persons whose deaths occurred while serving in the U. S. Armed Forces.

* Veteran's dependents who are buried in national, military post or base cemeteries and in state veterans'
cemeteries. (Divorce or remarriage terminates eligibility for the non-veteran spouse).

   * Public Law 107-103, signed by the President on December 27, 2001, includes a provision that     allows the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to furnish an appropriate headstone or marker for the graves of
eligible veterans buried in private cemeteries, whose deaths occur on or after December 27,2001, regardless
of whether the grave is already marked with a non-government marker.

Death Benefits

Educational Assistance for Dependents

Surviving spouses and children who were entitled to benefits under the death pension program which existed prior to January 1, 1979, may continue to receive a pension at the rate in effect as of December 31, 1978, provided their incomes do not exceed the applicable limit. They may also elect to be covered by the current Improved Pension program if it is to their advantage. However, election is final.

Presidential Memorial Certificates

The President expresses the nation's gratitude for the veteran's honorable service in the Armed Forces by providing
a Memorial Certificate bearing the President's signature to the next of kin and other family members of deceased veterans.
This program was initiated in 1962 by President John F. Kennedy and has been continued by all subsequent presidents.
Eligible recipients may include next of kin, other related person and friends of the veteran. A certificate awarded to one
eligible person does not preclude issuance to other family members or friends. The VA initiates a request on a family's
behalf when a recently deceased veteran's survivor files a claim for benefits or notifies a VA regional office of a veteran's
death. Eligible persons also may obtain a certificate with a written request to any VA regional office of a veteran's death.
Eligible persons also may obtain a certificate with a written request to any VA regional office, enclosing a copy of any
document which verifies the veteran's honorable military service.

Other Benefits

Civil Service Preference Certificates

We will issue civil service preference certificates to eligible veterans seeking Government employment. To be eligible,
discharge must have been under honorable conditions from a period of active service in the Armed Forces, or you must
have incurred a service-connected disability during any period of service. Under certain conditions, certificates may be
issued to your spouse, surviving spouse or mother.

Exchange and Commissary Privileges

Honorably discharged veterans with a 100 percent service-connected disability and their dependents are entitled to exchange
and commissary store privileges. Also covered are unmarried surviving spouses of veterans who were rated 100 percent
service-connected disabled at time of death. Certification of disability and assistance with the DID Form 1172, Application
for Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card, may be obtained from VA regional offices.

State Benefits

Many states offer benefits to veterans which agree independent of federal benefits. These benefits differ from state to state.
Often the eligibility is dependent on the state being the place of residency or home of record at the time of enlistment. For
information, consult your local telephone directory under state government or call the VA toll-free number. A counselor
will direct you to the proper organization.

This document is intended to be an introductory reference for veterans, however, policies, procedures, and benefits may
change. Please verify all information with the Veterans Affairs Office or the Veterans Affairs website at